Welcome to the Give Us The Floor Video Makers Team Page!
You will earn between 1 and 5 hours of community service for each video that is submitted and approved to be published on our social media platforms and/or on our Website. You will be automatically entered into the monthly giveaway (if applicable.)
Not signed-up as a teen team member yet? Do it HERE
The importance of peer-to-peer support in your life
Submit content before February 28, 2018, HERE
- Interview teens/young adults with your choice of the following questions - We encourage you to come up with your own questions as well!
- Why is sharing with peers easier than with adults?
- Do adults judge you?
- Are you afraid of sharing with adults?
- Why are friends and peers more qualified to comfort you?
- Give a personal example of when friends/peers were key to helping you feel better?
- Give a personal example of when they were there for you
- Give a personal example of when you supported friends/peers and why you felt they needed you?
- How bonded do you feel to your friends?
- Who do you trust more: an adult you don’t know or a peer you don’t know?
- When you’ve done something you feel ashamed of, do you share it with friends? Siblings? Parents? Adults around you?
- Imagine that there were safe, supportive online group chats facilitated by teens. Would you be interested in participating? Why?
- Make a fictional video that demonstrates the importance of peer-to-peer support in youth's lives
- You can also choose to address a different topic. Click HERE to see a list.
Please respect these tips & guidelines
- The people interviewed must be true to themselves: They must share what's true to their personal experience
- Keep your video between 2-4 minutes long
- Film in a quiet place with no background noises - remember to turn off notifications on your devices
- Editing is your friend! If the video seems slow in places, don't hesitate to edit and keep the most interesting parts
- DO NOT share any personal information such as last names, schools, streets, phone numbers etc.
- The video resolution must be minimum 960x540. We accept mov and mp4 files
- Be respectful and appropriate. Honor our community rules
- Your piece(s) MUST be your own original creation(s); do not infringe on any other person’s or entity’s rights. Be sure that every person represented has given the approval to participate in the piece and has agreed to Give Us The Floor terms of services and giveaway rules
- If you use music, you must credit it at the end of the video and send us a version of the video without the music as well
- Your piece MUST NEVER HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED BEFORE. It's easy for us to find out, so please don't even try
Need some inspiration? Check out at our most popular videos on YouTube